With an upgraded power system, there will be changes to how you operate and enjoy your Revel. RoamRig’s goal is for you to worry less, and enjoy more. With that in mind, there are a few things you can do to be fully prepared to enjoy your new system.
RoamRig utilizes a Bluetooth-enabled app called Victron Connect (instead of One Place) for battery monitoring. It is normal and expected that the "One Place" display will no longer show chassis voltage after the RoamRig installation. Chassis voltage is available via the Victron Connect app.
- Download the Victron Connect app (iOS and Android) on your phone or tablet to be prepared for post-installation pick-up. The default PIN is "000000" (six zeroes)
- Learn more about working with Victron Connect and RoamRig.
The code reader moves from under the seat to the lower right corner of the control panel, labeled “Espar”. Despite the information on the code reader, do not use the code reader to set the heater temperature. For more information on the code reader, please visit this page explaining how to use the heating system after a RoamRig installation
- Inverter remote control + cable:
- Keep the inverter accessories in the van at all times. If you have an issue on the road, you may be unable to diagnose it without the inverter remote panel.
- Learn more about the inverter and other controls.
- Magnetic screwdriver (if Stage II or III)
What should I do differently on my first RoamRig adventures?
- Worry less, enjoy more! Use RoamRig and enjoy the power boost. You cannot break anything by using it wrong. Forget about your AGM battery anxiety and enjoy your van!
- Start using RoamRig with your Revel and get acquainted on your own. Note any questions that come up. After at least a few days (or a few weeks) of learning the RoamRig system on your own, please fill out a support ticket if you need any assistance and we would be happy to help.
- Please do not download manuals for the components in the system! They are not needed.