With an upgraded power system, there will be changes to how you operate and enjoy your Revel. RoamRig’s goal is for you to worry less, and enjoy more. With that in mind, there are a few things you can do to be fully prepared to enjoy your new system.
RoamRig utilizes a Bluetooth-enabled app called Victron Connect for house battery monitoring.
- Download the Victron Connect app (iOS and Android) on your phone or tablet to be prepared for post-installation pick-up. The default PIN is "000000" (six zeroes)
- Learn more about working with Victron Connect and RoamRig.
- Inverter remote control :
- Keep the inverter accessories in the van at all times. If you have an issue on the road, you may be unable to diagnose it without the inverter remote panel.
- Learn more about the inverter and other controls.
- Magnetic screwdriver
What should I do differently on my first RoamRig adventures?
- Worry less, enjoy more! Use RoamRig and enjoy the power boost. You cannot break anything by using it wrong.
- Start using RoamRig with your Revel and get acquainted on your own. Note any questions that come up. After at least a few days (or a few weeks) of learning the RoamRig system on your own, please fill out a support ticket if you need any assistance and we would be happy to help.
- Please do not download manuals for the components in the system! They are not needed.
Dashboard / Control Panel / Switches
The Control Panel includes features and subsystems which are separate from but connected to RoamRig’s operation.
Here is an image of the Revel control panel updated for RoamRig operation, with labeled switches and their meanings described below:
The following controls are directly related to your RoamRig power system:
- Victron Battery Monitor
- Inverter - described below
- House Battery - described below
Use the labeled switch to turn the Inverter on or off, according to the following states:
- Inverter on: Will automatically come on when plugged into shore power and turns off when shore power is disconnected. You do not need to flip the switch. Only use the switch to turn on the inverter when you are running on battery power.
- Inverter off: turn the inverter off when not in use (running AC, cooking, or using power outlets) and not connected to shore power. Leaving the inverter on will drain the batteries completely after several days.
- If there is an issue with the inverter, such as not powering on or beeping during use, please plug in the remote, then check error codes, and open a support ticket
Turn the house battery on/off to turn on/off all 12v loads. 12V loads include fridge, lights, USB outlets, etc.
Turn house power off when storing the van with no charge source. It doesn’t hurt to turn it off when storing with a charge source, but it isn’t necessary if the charge source can sustain a constant load from the fridge and other 12v consumers that may be left on.