Dashboard / Control Panel / Switches
The Control Panel includes features and subsystems which are separate from but connected to RoamRig’s operation.
Here is an image of the Revel control panel updated for RoamRig operation, with labeled switches and their meanings described below:
The following controls are directly related to your RoamRig power system:
- Victron Battery Monitor
- Inverter - described below
- House Battery - described below
Use the labeled switch to turn the Inverter on or off, according to the following states:
- Inverter on: Will automatically come on when plugged into shore power and turns off when shore power is disconnected. You do not need to flip the switch. Only use the switch to turn on the inverter when you are running on battery power.
- Inverter off: turn the inverter off when not in use (running AC, cooking, or using power outlets) and not connected to shore power. Leaving the inverter on will drain the batteries completely after several days.
- If there is an issue with the inverter, such as not powering on or beeping during use, open a support ticket.
The inverter remote is for changing settings or updating firmware. Keep the remote in the van at all times, and RoamRig Support will advise you if you ever need to use the remote. The remote will be given to you by your installer. It is a small white/grey panel with buttons and a screen that says “Kisae” on it. It will also come with a cord that looks like a phone cord for connecting it to the inverter.
Turn the house battery on/off to turn on/off all 12v loads. 12V loads include fridge, lights, USB outlets, etc.
Turn house power off when storing the van with no charge source. It doesn’t hurt to turn it off when storing with a charge source, but it isn’t necessary if the charge source can sustain a constant load from the fridge and other 12v consumers that may be left on.